Oh yes, we can..

Almost 6 years back, when I met my 6 years old cousin, we had a small conversation. Their house is a place where i had spent most of holidays. It’s a calm place, with a lovely house and a few plants and trees outside the house (but before the main gate). My then 6 years old cousin asked me how do I celebrate my birthday and then he told how he celebrates his birthday. He said he wanted to do something different on his birthday. And my answer was something like – hey, you know if I had so much of place in my house, I would plant a tree on my every birthday and see it growing along with me. And then we discussed about trees and plants, their importance and how they are felled every now and then. This was a conversation some 6 years back and I had almost forgotten it. 2 days back, I was in kitchen before i entered the room where 3 of my cousins (one of them is 16 and two of them are12) were having some discussion. When I entered, I heard ‘I will be planting some trees this year on my birthday. I want to do something for our environment’. Someone questioned him ‘How does it matter if a single person does all this?’ His reply was ’Why not? Boond boond se sagar bharta hai’. He looked at me and smiled. There was a spark in his eyes to do something. He has realized he can make a difference. Who says a single person can’t make a difference? He has. We can; in our own ways.
You have read this articleEnvironment with the title Oh yes, we can... You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2009/01/oh-yes-we-can.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Thursday, January 1, 2009

Comments "Oh yes, we can.."

Post a Comment