Mermaid-Lover and Red Sonja

By Donato





Here's a new one continuing my fascination with the sea and created for portfolio and gallery exhibition. It is nearly finished, and I plan on hanging the work at IlluxCon in November. My favorite part about this is the ambiguity in the narrative - is she caressing the helmet lovingly or threateningly? I really do not know...






'Mermaid-Lover', 20" x 24", oil on panel


Lastly a sneak peek at a new commission for Red Sonja. I think I have a theme of jilted lovers going on lately :)






'Red Sonja - Lover's Quarrel', 19" x 25", watercolor pencil and chalk on toned paper
You have read this article with the title Mermaid-Lover and Red Sonja. You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2011/09/mermaid-lover-and-red-sonja.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Comments "Mermaid-Lover and Red Sonja"

Post a Comment