St. George Watercolor and Ink

By Justin Gerard


Last post I showed a few drawings for the St. George Show for Gallery Nucleus. 


Drawing on Bristol


For the first of the pieces I decided to paint a traditional version of the piece using the Rackham/Dulac watercolor and ink manner.  I've always really enjoyed working in this way.  William Stout recently did a great Write Up on the method.  He gives a really solid and helpful overview of the process.






St. George and the Dragon
11x14
Watercolor and Ink


But because I am a glutton for punishment I decided to also paint a digital version of this piece as well.  Next post I will show the digital version and go into a little of the process I use when working digital directly from pencil. 


Also, speaking of Gallery Nucleus, they will be releasing a limited print run of the "There He Lay" Print from the Hobbit series.  Visit www.gallerynucleus.com to check it out.



You have read this articleJustin Gerard with the title St. George Watercolor and Ink. You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2011/07/st-george-watercolor-and-ink.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comments "St. George Watercolor and Ink"

Post a Comment